Wix is a cloud-based website builder and serves millions around the world today. It gives users the ability to create a highly customizable online store.
Here in this comparison guide of Wix alternatives, we will be comparing several alternatives of website builders.Wix is also suitable for companies that want fast access to eCommerce. Click To Tweet
This website builder help people in website building and highly usable for people who need to design an online store with the least effort.
Wix’s user interface does not deprive the simplicity and intuition of the customization it offers.
There are templates available, but you can make changes to taste and functionality. Wix also offers a free plan for companies and individuals to make it beginner friendly and help them get started.
|One URL for website & mobile SiteSite||Text Editor & Free Fonts||Automatic blog styling|
|Marketing Tools||HTML Embed Code||Online Store templates|
|Financial Tools||Contact Manager||Social Buttons|
|Website Page Protection||Optimized Mobile View||Multiple Payment|
|Communication Tools||Add and Organize Pages||Free website builder|
|Free and Reliable Hosting||Image Editor||One-Pagers|
|Easy-to-add blog||Wix App Market||Live Chat|
Some of the Advantages of using Wix:
Wix’s main advantages are its easy to use features, reliable hosting, and small businesses’ friendly price. SEO applications are also available to support search users.
Friendly to Small and Medium Businesses
The drag and drop interface of Wix is intuitive and straightforward to use.
Anyone with the ability to process words can create professional websites within hours. No coding or other technological expertise is necessary, like other website builders.
Wix is also supporting free domain names. You will get SEO-optimized and secure domain names.
Flexible Design Options
Wix features an open API architecture allowing developers to create and install custom website features.
Coding is more comfortable to tweak, and SEO-compatible with Wix is now available to help you build a website without much experience. You can even disable or enable your visitors to leave a comment.
You can put content on Wix to boost your SEO results. You can quickly detect the content of the search engines. You can buy Wix’s SEO feature on the company’s marketplace.
Wix is an eCommerce module for small business owners and service providers for online trading. You will get a shopping cart feature on the product catalogs to display and articulate conveniently.
Wix websites do not only work for personal computers but also on mobile devices. You can easily make the website mobile responsive with minimum effort using its premium plan.
You don’t need to quit the Wix system if you use other third-party software. You can integrate Wix with other third party software like financing software, commercial software, and sales apps.
Get Support & Knowledge
Wix offers customer support to assist customers. For users who can do without live instructions, there is a knowledge base available.
|Active Campaign||MailChimp||Capsule CRM||Intercom|
4-5 famous websites who are using Wix
Seven Grams Caffé uses a stylish and straightforward web interface for marketing its coffee and its baked products. The SiteSite contains one page, prompts for social media, contacts, and galleries of photos.
Cruz, based in Kuala Lumpur, has a clean and straightforward design of the website.
Visitors can conveniently access the gallery, contact details, pastry list, and more with an updated menu at the end.
MAAPILIM provides minimalist and luxurious, handmade men’s toiletries. Their online store echoes the same concept with a clear picture and a single “Shop Now” button.
Linda Franzosi demonstrates how a resume-like webpage can be produced with templates and resources from Wix. Visitors may test their abilities and skills with a parallax interface.
The website also reveals its talent for content and graphic design.
French Knot Studios has put the social buttons at the top of the SiteSite strategically to encourage visitors to check out their Instagram and Pinterest page with one click.
Their portfolio page is there to include descriptions of the images under their thumbnails.
Why should you not use Wix?
1. The starter plan does not delete advertising.
Only advertisements that support you directly may appear on your website. You would need to buy a premium package to remove the advertisements.
2. There are no unlimited plans.
You cannot use the infinite bandwidth or storage options of Wix. For the commercial plans sold at higher prices, that is also valid.
3. Designs that drag and drop can reduce your imagination.
It takes more time than many people fully realize to design and create a website on Wix properly. Now you can drag and drop things anywhere you want, but it can still be a challenging operation.
4. The Wix App Store does not have apps.
I-frames from the Wix App Store add to your website features. These are easy to install and to work with, but not as simple as many people need.
5. With Wix, SEO is neck pain.
The SEO Wizard Wix offers access, and this works well to optimize content. But the quantity it can achieve is reduced because it lies a little behind the times.
What is similar to Wix?
Following are similar apps, as Wix:
Shopify – the #1 eCommerce website builder and popular Wix alternative
Weebly – a trendy Wix alternative and website builder for small businesses
Jimdo – another simple Wix alternative with ease of use
Bigcommerce – a great eCommerce builder similar to Wix
Squarespace – a very well-known Wix alternative similar website builder for photography & essential website
Is Wix or GoDaddy better?
Overall, Wix is the best website builder; there’s no debating it. Their platform provides you greater flexibility: for design and functionality.
It feels better because of the full potential of the drag and drop editor. The simple editor of GoDaddy, however, is a little easier to manage. GoDaddy is a useful Wix alternative if you need something other than Wix.
It depends, of course, on the type of webpage you like.
When to choose GoDaddy over Wix:
GoDaddy is the best Wix alternative. You can choose GoDaddy if you:
- You like the cheapest plan to build your website without any commercials.
- It is essential to build an entire website.
- You are a GoDaddy client already, particularly one that uses its marketing tools.
When to choose Wix over GoDaddy:
- You want absolute website design influence.
- You want an excellent online shop on your website.
- More features continue to launch over time from the excellent Wix app market.
Is Squarespace easier than Wix?
Wix is typically a more beginner-friendly website builder than Squarespace because both sites offer a common approach to creating eCommerce sites.
The drag & drop editor of Wix performs exceptionally and help you make changes in no time. All are straightforward to make you intuitively feel at home from the beginning of your platform.
Moreover, the Site History framework makes it more comfortable in the event of disasters to recuperate information.
Wix gives even a super quick starting-point: Wix ADI. It uses a virtual agent who asks you and provides you with a website.
The great thing is that when you find ADI too limited, you can always turn to the standard editor.
Squarespace is not a technological nightmare, far from it, and might be the best Wix alternative.
Still, usually, you have to press more times to produce the same performance as Wix.
For instance: Squarespace allows you to deal with Spacer elements and build columns in their grid structure, rather than just moving the images precisely where you want them.
You can use Squarespace’s knowledge base to look at even the primary task of handling your navigation your navigation’s hierarchy and function because it is relatively vague, to be fair.
You still don’t have a featured backup and restore. You can copy/paste in Google Docs your content, which is not perfect or very useful.
The learning curve in Squarespace is steeper. It’s all right because you know your way around the eCommerce platform. But with its excellent user experience and robust backup system, Wix still wins.
Popular Wix alternatives:
Weebly : No-fail Alternative to Wix
Weebly is known as best Wix alternative you can use to efficiently create and publish websites. The forum, website, or online store of a customer can comfortably contain over 20 third parties applications.
Weebly users also can buy their custom domain or launch a business website using a Weebly sub-domain. Weebly also offers a great deal of control of your website and lets you create a theme from scratch.
|Responsive templates||Full-width page editor||Easy publishing|
|eCommerce Online Store||24×7 customer Support||Drag and drop builder|
|Domain name registration||Domain name registration||Free Sub-domain|
- The key advantages of Weebly are like streamlining the marketing processes, makes it easy to set up and run the Weebly app, and let you easily publish your pages.
- Weebly delivers unified content and third-party integration tools.
- Interested users can log in to Weebly by using your email or Facebook address.
- Users can then update to obtain a personalized domain name for a free web site with a Weebly subdomain.
- By picking Weebly subjects, consumers can guarantee that their pages, blogs, or online shops fit their branding.
|123 Form Builder||Paypal|
Webflow : Stong Alternative to Wix
Webflow is a Drag and Drop website builder and a better Wix alternative for people who want to design an online store without coding.
This website builder is one of the best Wix alternatives that offers users a range of features like family typography, animation, and trigger-based animations, and much more.
|Dropdown menu||CMS API||Global Color Swatches||forms|
|Google Domains Purchasing||Project organization||Open graph content||RSS Feeds|
|Website editor||HTML embed codes||Zapier Integration||Website Rich text|
|Custom favicon||Content templates||3D animations||CSS3 flexible boxes|
|Direct client billing||Sliders and carousels||Related content tools||Community forum|
|White label forms||Custom URL redirects||MailChimp integration||Customizable web|
The key advantages of Webflow include several user-friendly tools, content management capability, live communication, Webflow editing, dynamic SEOs, and connectivity with third-party applications.
Some of the features of Webflow:
- Webflow supports easy website formation
- Programmers can manipulate all website features visually without writing codes
- The framework is responsible for design-based code writing, making it available for release or export to other platforms.
- Webflow gives them a forum for meetings to create excellent sites and to work together in this connection.
- Still, consumers are allowed to navigate the project.
- Google Analytics
- Google Domains
|Freelancers free staging||free|
|Freelancers basic hosting||$20/month|
|Freelancers cms hosting||$45/month|
|Freelancers business hosting||$45/month|
Squarespace : Valuable Alternative to Wix
Squarespace is a web builder with several integrated models and comprehensive personalization.
Squarespace’s user-friendly previewer and easy-to-use editing platform for people who want to build an eCommerce website.
It is the best Wix alternative that offer a free plan to create an eCommerce site and help you get started.
However, if you need access to its advanced features and want to build a fantastic site, you need to purchase the plan.
|Custom WYSIWYG Editor||Responsive Image Loader||Mobile Information Bar|
|Social Links||Template Switching||Built-in Mobile Websites|
|Site Style Editor||Audio Collections||Free website builder|
|Direct Editing||Custom CSS||Gallery Blocks|
|Dropbox File Synchronization||Automatic Image Scaling||Content Downloading|
|Drag-and-Drop Management||Site Style Editor||Automatic Image Scaling|
- Squarespace has the most significant advantages of making great websites, allowing users to make money off their platform and SEO and marketing resources.
- As an intuitive website designer, Squarespace-built websites are visually spectacular and highly sensitive to visitors, offering them a rich Online experience.
- A content block feature makes it easier for users to add elements to a page when editing.
- Users can alter designs, icons and change the font and color template with the Style Editor.
- Aviary incorporation allows for the edition of images online.
|Online stores basic||$26/month|
|Online stores advanced||$40/month|
Shopify : Brilliant Alternative to Wix
Shopify is the popular Wix alternative and one of the most famous website builders.
It has many tools and features which enable e-commerce companies to set up, run, and sell your goods and services in person.
More than 600,000 commercial online businesses are using Shopify website builder. Unlike BigCommerce, you need to pay transaction fees for every sale you make using Shopify.
The transaction fees vary depending upon the plan you choose, unlike Wix.
- Full blogging platform
- 100+ professional themes
- Brand and customizing online store
- Web-based website builder
- Your domain name
- Automatic carrier shipping rates
- Mobile commerce ready
- Accept credit cards with Shopify
- Free SSL certificate
- 70 payment gateways
- Customer profiles, accounts & groups
- Flexible shipping rates
- All key and advanced shopping cart features
Shopify’s key advantages are robust features, ease of use, and excellent customer assistance. More details are available here if you want to know more about the platform:
- This platform provides a wide range of advantages for companies wishing to set up an online shop.
- Shopify’s key advantage is the fast establishment of a reactive e-commerce store by users.
- A long list of ready-made topics makes this possible to give a professional appeal to your company.
- Shopify hosts the consumer shops to don’t need to think about your business’ technological aspect.
- It also provides customer service 24 hours a day to answer all your concerns.
WordPress : Trustworthy Alternative to Wix
WordPress is a blog framework with thousands of different themes, plugins, and widgets and the best Wix alternative.
Users can host their blogs free of charge or get a web host that meets minimum standards in WordPress. Users only need to supply their WordPress. Com address with an email address.
Self-hosted WordPress hosting relies on software from WordPress org that is setup using a streamlined one-click installation script.
Self-hosted WordPress is a platform where you download WordPress and install the WordPress platform.
|Machine plugin||Structure for Implementation.||Ease of use||Publishing|
|Forms of personalized material||Plugin expansion||Optimized search engine||Flexibility|
|System of topics||Tools for publishing||Conformity with Full Requirements||Fast and Interactive|
|User Administration||Comments built-in||Importers|
WordPress’s key advantages are its content management functions, easy-to-use UI, drag and drop editor, automatic, autonomous mechanism, and accessibility.
WordPress has evolved into a well-known blogging site that also has content management functions
It’s easy to use and has an interface that is easy to use for newbies and small business owners
|Zoho SalesIQ||Campaign Monitor||ActiveCampaign|
|Personal||$4 per month|
|Premium||$8 per month|
|Business||$25 per month|
Jimdo : Accredited Alternative to Wix
Jimdo is the best cloud-hosted website builder used worldwide by freelancers and small businesses.
It has helped to create more than 200,000 online stores since it was launched in 2010. This website builder has a dynamic kit that is simple to use.
It provides a seamless way to use a smartphone, tablet, or device to build websites.
|Videos||Storage and bandwidth||Social media|
|File Downloads||Professional Templates||HTML5Blog|
|Google Maps||Search Engine Optimization (SEO)||Social media|
|Mobile Express Page||Basic & Advanced Online Store||Mobile View|
|Optimized for Mobile||Photo Galleries||Contact forms|
Jimdo’s key advantages are its openness to foreign users, its smart websites, and its cost-effective website design solution. The specifications are as follows:
- Since Jimdo’s team is worldwide, they make sure foreign customers have the apps available.
- The app supports 12 languages to ensure that everyone can use it in online presence growth.
- Jimdo pages are designed for search engines automatically.
- The payment plan can do more by adding meta-tag details to each web page, rather than just SEO work.
- It helps users to strengthen their SEO plans and strategies.
|Jimdo free plan||0|
|Jimdopro plan||$7.50 per month|
|Jimdo business plan||$20 per month|
|Jimdo platinum plan||$30 per month|
ButterCMS : Bonus Alternative to Wix
ButterCMS is a CMS and blog engine focused on APIs. You can incorporate this website builder into an existing framework with any technical stack as a headless content management system.
The WYSIWYG editor helps you to create website content without HTML codes.
ButterCMS also includes integrated SEO and other features like content preview, revision history, placement, and post scheduling.
It has a segment on workflows where team members can collaborate and keep up with their content marketing planning.
This website builder also provides APIs suite to easily integrate content and make it easy for the advertisers to work on their front pages, unlike Wix.
|Content API||Website Content update|
|SDK||Roles and permissions|
|Multi-sites and environment||Media library support|
|Content modeling||User dashboard|
ButterCMS has the critical advantages of producing and displaying content anywhere, reducing expenses, reducing market time, and efficiently redesigning and implementing the website.
ButterCMS is of interest to advertisers, developers, and end-users. It is one of the best-in-class website builders with features like:
- You can also use this CMS program to create pure content and create any kind of app you want or make it on smartphones, the web, smartwatches, or SmartTV.
- You can spend less on investing in a complete setup, such as a broad database and background software processing and search engine.
- ButterCMS helps to minimize the website’s launch time because your content designers and developers can do their jobs concurrently without having to share or block resources.
- As a CMS headless alternative, you’re able to easily manage your needs at the back of the device using the same versatile GUI.
|Agency + enterprise||contact vendor|
Ghost : Reliable Alternative to Wix
Ghost is an open-source application stack publishing site. This Wix alternative is suitable for writers, content marketers, podcasters, reporters, entrepreneurs, and video makers.
With more than 5,000 applications and services, Ghost integrates easily via Zapier. You can use this best website builder from your laptop, Mac, PC, and Linux.
|Managed Infrastructure||Publishing Workflow||Team Management|
|Open Source||Community||Site Management|
|Import and Export||Content Ownership|
|Developer API||Desktop App|
Ghost has the main advantages: blog content writing through a clean GUI, publication, and delivery, generating membership revenue, and reacting faster than regular blogs.
It is one of the best blogging site and website builders with a ton of features like:
Here are the advantages of using Ghost:
- Ghost is a clean CMS interface program that enables users to concentrate on writing.
- It has a collection of tools like a completely expandable editor.
- Multi-language support, personalized web architectures, dynamic routing, and content selection features
- And you can select when your post is going live with its full editorial calendar.
- Ghost provides an integrated SEO and AMP support to allow your content to be found and served everywhere for your audience.
|Twitch||iA Writer||Google Analytics||Vimeo|
HubSpot CMS Hub : Recognized Alternative to Wix
HubSpot Service Hub has tools and features which allow users to engage, guide and build customers.
This Wix alternative provides a robust front-office solution for consumers in marketing, sales, and services with a clear view of their clients.
One of the best website builders lets you use the raw conversion process to make consumers happy and your brand members.
|Ticketing||Canned snippets||Email templates|
|Integration||Email scheduling||Conversational bots|
|Meeting scheduling||Company records||Knowledge base|
|Email sequences||Contact management||Reporting|
|Email tracking & notifications||Customer feedback||Team email|
Customer loyalty, customer guidance, and customer development are the key advantages of the Service Centre. It is a better alternative to Wix with features like:
- The critical component of the Service Hub is the conversion function.
- Captures what customers have searched in the networks like Social Media, email, and talk to fit how customers respond to conversions, enabling you to understand your customers better.
- The system also helps monitor and handle multi-channel communication, otherwise tricky, mainly when messages arrive simultaneously.
- The service hub has a customer engagement tool that allows you to produce surveys and gain insights for the public to understand your customers better.
|Gmail||Outlook for Windows|
- Free trial: Yes
- The service hub professional: Starts at $400/month for five users
Although several Wix alternatives are available to help you build an online store, the above are most common. Wix offers several features to build a website for small and large business owners.
However, there are several alternatives to Wix that you can use to build online stores of your choice.
It is advisable to compare several factors like a free plan, premium plans, free trial, pricing, integrations, advantages, and more to choose your business’s best Wix alternative.
If you are also looking for a useful and suitable alternative to Wix, this comparison guide will surely help you decide the right one for your business.
Questions asked while looking for Wix alternative:
What for Wix is used?
Wix is an intuitive, drag-and-drop editor, which allows the development of a professional web site simple for beginners.
What are the Wix advantages?
In addition to the easy-to-use, intuitive interfaces, the extensive range of templates makes it easy for beginners to create a professional website.
What’s the downside of Wix?
The biggest downside is that after you launch your website, you can’t change templates. Wix’s proprietary technology is another essential aspect, ensuring you can not export your Wix to another software.
Is Wix free?
Yes, Wix provides a forever-free plan to get started, but its features are restricting, and you can’t use a domain name. However, the free plan of Wix is undoubtedly useful to get started with building an eCommerce site.
What is the top competitor of Wix?
Many good Wix alternative offers similar characteristics and prices. The overall best rival for Wix is Squarespace. The critical distinction is the consistency of Squarespace’s design choices and models. Shopify is the best solution for eCommerce website and a popular alternative to Wix.
What’s more economical than Wix?
Consider using SITE123 for a cheaper Wix alternative to design an eCommerce site. It is a website builder that is much cheaper than Wix, and it is much easier to use. It’s an excellent choice for beginners, and you can still develop an online store, install applications, and tailor your eCommerce website in the way you want.
Can web pages of Wix be hacked?
Your Site does not express information in a way that can be compromised without the functionality. To keep the website secure, Wix uses SSL and many other best techniques. The platform only provides payment gates with the safest tools if you own an online site for business.