Freelancing marketplaces are jumping up to make recruitment as simple and as quick as purchasing a cup of coffee. The workforce is changing as more individuals swap the security of a 9-to-5 work for the flexibility of freelancing.
The independent economy is developing continuously, and with the current buoyancy in tech, the trend will undoubtedly develop more in the coming years.
Twenty to thirty-year-old and UK workforce are confronting substantial lifestyle changes, for example, parenthood, or approaching retirement, and are searching for increasingly adaptable and engaging ways to work.
Surprisingly, freelance income contributes almost 5% of the country’s GDP, or around $1 trillion. According to this prediction, one out of every two of us working in professional administrations will be freelancing in the following five years.
We will deliver our service as a freelancer, and we will need to look for some employment for ourselves as per our aptitudes and skills.Freelancers are pervasive in a wide range of sectors, from scholars and artists to science and engineering professionals. Click To Tweet
So, why the number of freelancers are increasing ?
Some of the factors like independence, freedom to choose the kind of work, the people with whom they want to work and better financial prospects are the main reasons behind the increase in freelancers.
Another key driving force is flexibility in working hours. Being a freelancer, you can work in a flexible schedule and take a day off whenever you want.
The primary reason why freelancing is so liberating is that it happens remotely. Along with that, the increasing popularity and features of freelancing software and tools such as Slack, Trello, Buffer, Dropbox, and Google Docs, has made freelancing easier than ever before.
Since the majority of the employers are now hiring freelance individuals and the availability of freelancing platforms is increasing, it has become easier for freelancers to find work.
Hence, more and more freelancers are taking their careers full-time.
As a freelancer, you are mostly helpless before your clients.
From paying your bills late to making you mental with second ago demands, the organizations that hire you can influence your overall satisfaction with the freelance business.
To deal with the above-mentioned issues and make the most out of freelancing, here are 25+ easy to use tools for freelancers. All these tools can help freelancers keep their stress at bay.
“The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.”
Here are some of the commonly faced problems among freelancers-
As a freelancer, you need to understand what your clients are looking for before hiring you. Nonetheless, that doesn’t mean you need the individual who employs you investigating your shoulder until the task is complete.
Clients who micromanage works can leave freelancers feeling stressed and disappointed and keep them from doing their best work.
Also, micromanaging destroys a lot of time and kills productivity of individual.
If your client can’t or won’t speak with you, you’re likely in for a rocky street. This issue is particularly common among organizations that aren’t accustomed to working with freelancers.
Mostly, these organizations forget that you are absent in the workplace for important meetings and discussions and probably won’t try to circle you in on developments.
The chances of error increase when there is a lack of communication. Imagine working on shared google docs and you don’t even know how and why changes were made.
It’s quite upsetting for freelancers to experience a client who pays late or doesn’t pay. Most of the time clients pay late because of fundamental confusion or other problems.
Notwithstanding, different clients disregard to pay since they do not have the monetary assets to do as such. Some of the clients even think that you will be tired of asking and go away finally.
The late payments or NO payment from clients results in a disturbance in workflow and financial issues later.
Filing taxes correctly is one of the biggest nightmares of freelancers.
The battle gets significantly complicated for new freelancers who don’t know about their one of a kind tax regulation. It’s challenging to deal with your terms like a hefty tax bill from the IRS.
Ambiguous assignments don’t only burn through freelancer’s time; they additionally cost clients more money over a long period.
The vast majority of freelancers experience clients who don’t know what they exactly need from a project.
Sometimes, clients aren’t sure of their needs and objectives, and they expect you to identify them. In result, freelancers end up wasting their valuable time in a single project.
Here is the list of 21+ software for the freelancers that can make freelancer’s life easier-
Nifty has become the best tools for freelancers to remember in this competitive market of project management tool.
It’s a software that offers users a diverse range of features that assist both team communication and managing projects.
It’s a perfect software for business looking to invest in a comprehensive affordable solution to enhance the productivity of a small team.
- This software Control and manage notifications every team member
- It automatically filters tasks based on user and milestones
- It also assists team collaboration on tasks
- The Kanban Board view divides the functions into three categories; New jobs, task In-progress and Completed tasks
- You can get a quick overview of task deadline and milestones displayed on the roadmap
- You can store files under different categories like spreadsheets, videos, audios, presentations, images, and even code
Invoice Ninja is an open-source platform for managing money and getting paid.
It’s one of the best comprehensive tools for freelancers to simplify the way they manage invoices , streamline the payment process and get paid.
Users can integrate Invoice Ninja with more than 50 payment gateways and channels like Braintree, WePay PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, and many more.
These great integrations make it easy for clients to pay via their preferred payment gateway that ensures that users get paid in the simplest way possible.
- You can generate Quotations & Invoices at the ease of clicks
- Easily Accept payments and Partial Payments
You can use the recurring feature to generate Auto-Bill Invoices
- You can build Trust with a customized URL Link to pay instantly
- You can generate Professional invoice using in-built templates and your logo
- You can Create Tasks and Track Time at the ease of clicks
|Free version||Forever free|
|Enterprise (11-20 users)||$44 month|
Hive is a cloud-based project management platform that has the ability to manage a lot of tasks without getting the user overwhelmed. It offers a plethora of features that include file sharing, automated task handling, and chat.
This project management software is a useful tool for freelancers that enables you to create, classify and assign tasks for any member of the project team along with the due date and attached files.
This tool also tracks project status and modifies products and variables, and views everything like Kanban dashboard.
- It offers flexible projects, action templates,
- action cards, action list
- You can create Forms
- Even Facilitates chat and collaboration
- In-built time tracking and resourcing
- Live Project tracking and Gantt chart
- Enables you to do group communication
- Get updated automatically
- Files & folders
- Simplify workflow
- Import tasks and ease integrations
- Free Trial
- Professional for $12/user/month
- Enterprise for Contact vendor
Loop email provides a platform to optimize your emails, manage documents and automate the entire workflow for freelance and small business.
Using loop email, you can even collaborate with your team members just like you’re sitting next to each other. Definitely a helpful tool for enhanced communication.
You can share your emails with the team and discuss them right away before replying to the client.
Thus. Your mailbox will not get overflowed with duplicated threads and lost emails.
Being one of the most reliable and all-in-one freelancer apps is going to help you move at a faster pace and keep everything streamlined.
This tool acts as a collaboration hub and connects your team to chat, exchange files, and manage shared email inboxes.
This is a great tool for freelancers to generate reports to identify blind spots and workflows to measure the performance of your team and collaborate with clients.
You can even use the free tool with limited features for managing your freelance work.
- Makes document streamlining easy
- Make collaboration simple with ease
- You will have the access control
- Manage communities easily
- Studio version for £7
- Business version for £12 per user per month
- Enterprise version is a customized plan
Plutio is one of the most robust and simple tools for freelancers and small businesses.
It is is a reliable tool for managing the company that empowers users with managing tasks, work closely with clients, and collaborate with your team all from one platform.
The device is famous as a reliable productivity solution that freelancers find it sorted out and simple to use.
Plutio is outstanding among other business management tool for freelancers, social media managers and startups.
This tool is among the best freelancer programs that offer task layouts, checklists, agendas, time following, project templates, multiple payment techniques, automation and multilingual support in one place.
- Manage customers effectively
- Easy to use Project Management
- Performance Metrics
- Quickly generate Bills & Invoice
- Manage orders in a streamlined manner
- Schedule and track projects in real-time
- Time & Expense Tracking
Stuffed with the great features and utilized by over 600,000 freelance business everywhere throughout the world, Shopify gives tools explicitly designed for offline retail.
It is one of the best software for e-commerce solutions in the market today. It’s store management features help you keep track of content detailing and analysis, managing staff, order history, and client handling.
- You can easily set up a fast, beautiful and responsive store
- You don’t need to worry about the technical glitches, running and maintaining an online store
- Your servers are automatically secure and updated with the latest software.
- Availability of 24/7 customer support
- The software automatically recover abandoned carts
- Software is equipped with powerful marketing and report making features.
- Easy to use tool for freelancers to run secure your payment
- You can buy a Shopify Advanced plan for more useful features.
|Basic Shopify Plan||$29/month|
|Advanced Shopify Plan||$299/month|
Time Doctor is an adaptable time tracking solution and one of the most affordable tools for freelancers that gives consistent integration support to 35 CRM and project management platforms.
These platforms include Zoho, Teamwork, Freshdesk, and Asana. There’s an API accessible too that allows the combination of other software to the framework.
There’s even an application for Android and iPhone that gives a part of the desktop version’s capacity.
It permits time tracking even when you are away from computers and clients can get to their task list through their phone while on the go. They can also make a few reports in a hurry when essential.
This one is one of the best tools for freelancers that accompanies a silent and intuitive adaptation that fits differing freelance business types.
The application additionally enables the users to focus by cautioning them when they do non-work related activities while working hours.
Moreover, the product allows the client of the users to access framework to check precisely the reports and screen captures of the work given by them.
- You can track accurate time
- You can easily integrate the software with various project management software and API
- You can evaluate the productivity of employees
- You can breakdown the tasks according to time
- You can provide client access
- The software offers a flexible configuration
- You can generate report and analytics
- You can take screenshot and recording
- You can add payroll feature
- It’s GPS tracking feature help you know the location
- Your data is encrypted and All Rights Reserved
- The software is compatible with multiple operating systems
- Free Trial
- Subscription for $10/user/month
MailerLite’s is one of the that allows you to make your delightful email campaigns quickly, track their outcomes, manage subscribers and unsubscribes, plan custom popups and create beautiful landing pages, and significantly more.
MailerLite has loads of supportive features and great integrations for project managers, yet they figure out how to keep it secure and simple-to-use for everyone.
Mailer Lite is at the top of list of amazing tools for freelancers, follow your email statistics.
You can also check. It’s primary figures and charts demonstrating open rates, clickthrough rates, and so on, furnishing you with the data you have to evaluate the performance of your email marketing efforts.
You can also derive great insights into your efforts, allowing you to make the fundamental changes to promote engagement and drive better results every day.
- You will get free newsletter design templates and content
- This software has an in-built photo editing feature
- Subscriber management features to manage your subscribers
- Creates popups and landing pages
- Get email campaign reports
- Automates your email marketing process
- Auto Resend and A/B testing
- Free Trial
- Free plan- Free
- Small business plan for $15/month
- Large business plan for $260/month
If you are looking for a video marketing tool then try this tool. Hippo Video is one of the most robust tools for freelance freelancers that enable users to record videos through a web launcher along with the extension for Google Chrome, with choices for webcam, sound, and screen recording.
Videos can likewise be imported into Hippo Video from different frameworks for editing purpose. It’s speedy editing tool allow users to trim, cut, crop the videos.
In contrast, with the pro editing tools, users can include any number of ambient melodies or narration tracks, modify clip settings, and add introduction and end cards.
Videos can be sent out from Hippo Video to Google Drive, YouTube, Vimeo and Google Classroom, and added to help tickets through combinations with Zendesk and Freshdesk.
The password protection feature enables users to control who can get to their shared videos.
You can add a date of expiration to the shared video links. Its real-time analytics allows users to keep track of several views and comments with videos.
- You can create or record videos from a web browser in a single click
- You can easily capture screenshots, webcam recording and audio
- Easily import videos from mobile and desktop
- Easily trim clips, cut, crop, add text and annotate any part of the video
- Easily add introduction and end cards to the video.
- You can also export videos to G drive, Youtube, Vimeo and Google classroom.
- You can share videos with password protection
- You will get a real-time view of video engagement on the analytics dashboard.
Soapbox is an application designed for managers hoping to have productive one-on-ones and team meetings.
Since it is known as one of the easy to use tools for freelancers, teams can make shared plans, take meeting notes, gather input and relegate next steps at one spot.
With Soapbox, you don’t have to leave the devices you love to start having better meetings. You can easily integrate the software with Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google and so on.
Soapbox is one of the best online tools to record, edit, and share videos effortlessly in only a couple of moments.
All you need is to use chrome extension, a webcam and you are all set. When users record videos at that point, they can share a webcam, a screen, or a split-screen view.
- You can record the combination of a webcam and whatever shared on the screen along with voice form
- You can present your video as a single frame or split-screen view as per your choice
- Easily export videos to social media platforms in a few clicks.
- Get custom video thumbnails, looping GIFs and text overlays.
- The solo plan starts at $300 per year.
- Team plan
Using Toggl time tracking, you can generate reports and time usage graphs with and export time logs in Excel spreadsheets. You can now get weekly reports on email and share public reports links with clients.
It also offers web version, desktop versions for a different operating system like Windows/Mac/Linux, and native iOS and Android apps.
The software smoothly integrates with invoicing and project management tools without taking much time. It is a win win for you and your client.
Toggl is a very reliable time tracking app that offers a quick overview of time spent on several tasks.
Users can use Toggl in both online and offline modes. Additionally, you can customize this great tool as per your unique requirements, staff member skill levels, budget, and other elements
- You can use this software in both online and offline modes
- You can easily keep track of the time spent using pie charts and bar charts
- You can organize yourself with the three-stage hierarchy of Toggl
- Cloud-based application with scalable backed up, and duplicated services.
- Automatic backup of data every 12 hours.
- Users can easily integrate Toggle with FreshBooks, Basecamp and more.
DeskTime helps you with an all-in-one dashboard where you can track daily activities, overtimes, and much more from a single place.
When you have desk office job then making use of this software can really help improve your productivity.
With this freelance business software, users can save financial resources and a lot of time by making sure that employees are making good use of the working hours in doing their tasks.
This Desktime solution also provides aid of several tools like app tracker, website tracker, and offline time tracking.
- It’s an automated time tracking system
- Projects and tasks handling feature
- Automatic screenshot feature
- Customized daily reports
- Contact information management system
- Free Trial
- DeskTime Pro Starts at $7/user/month
- DeskTime Lite is Free for 1 User Only
Peoplebox is a successful one-on-one meeting software that helps managers at companies to drive powerful outcomes and retention.
It’s one of the best project management tools that enables them to fortify their work associations with better one-on-one interactions, automated planning, effective communications and appropriate follow-ups.
The product generally helps with suggesting, organizing and driving activities every day.
It’s a great tool with Artificial Intelligence-driven Action List, Peoplebox lets freelancers communicate well, get constant feedback, and close issues effectively followed by meaningful activities.
- Manage great workflow easily
- Get performance metrics
- Manage your employee
- Check and manage issues
- It’s the best app to manage feedback
- It’s an app to control the HR dashboard
- Make 1-on-1 meetings
Adam.ai is a freelancing app designed to push everybody to manage the meeting content and accomplish their objectives fully.
It’s a meeting management tool that offers an excellent platform for the cutting-edge workforce and freelancers to make meetings more beneficial than ever.
- It’s best to keep track of project progress with insightful timelines
- It’s a great app to check and quickly schedule work, meetings, including coordinated video conferencing
- Do successful meetings for a great collaboration
- Free trial
- Starts at $4.99 /month/user
Eyeson is an amazing cloud-based video conferencing software that is reasonable for organizations of all sizes.
It’s software that provides features like managing documents, conversation sheets, managing contacts, and much more to help freelancers collaborate better with clients.
This is known as one of the best tools for freelancers to integrate with other programming like Jira, Salesforce, Talkdesk, Slack, Trello, Hipchat, Freshdesk, Zendesk and Dropbox.
The solution even offers YouTube and Facebook live streaming, and clients can invite anyone to join the meeting without them installing the software.
- You can easily invite people to join video meetings using a link and a click
- You can take the cloud-based video calls from any device or browser,
- You can easily share, moderate, and record presentations
- On-demand webinars
- Start at $9.00 per month, per user.
Stackby combines the effortlessness and visual ease of spreadsheets, databases functionality and integrations with best business APIs like YouTube, MailChimp, Clearbit etc.
Such features let users design their tools in the way in which they need it. No coding or specific training is required to create these great tools.
You can develop your database without any training, import information from previous sources like spreadsheets or Google Sheets, or browse over 75+ pre-built templates over different classes.
The updates are synchronized automatically by the tool so you can communicate in real-time by additionally including agendas, setting reminders and sending Slack notifications.
- It’s easy to use the app just like a spreadsheet
- Designed from 25+ column types and can be expanded as you grow
- It’s an app with 75+ ready-made templates
- It’s a great app to collaborate in real-time
- Get a visual representation of data in multiple data
- It’s a tool that offers layouts – Table, Kanban, Calendar and Custom formats
Vectera is one of the best and easiest freelancing apps that work well for small businesses.
It’s a great tool to schedule appointments and lead secure video meetings for up to 4 individuals.
You can create a communication hub for your every single client. Now you can use this app to get imaginative with whiteboards, co-browsing and document annotation.
Also,It’s an app that needs a 1-click start, no downloads, and no dissatisfaction feature.
Vectera offers advance video conference with bunches of great tools and features. It’s a great app to coordinate with a scheduler and a few white-label options.
The software is simple to-utilize interface and simple to join for users as no downloads required. This management tool is suitable for managing sales, the success of customers and training
- This tool can be customized easily
- Easily collaborate with your team
- Get on-demand recording
- Video Call Recording app
- The app is accessible on mobile
- Discussion boards to work better
- You can check and schedule an appointment using this app
- Presentation tools and screen sharing option
|Custom API||Price not disclosed|
Hubstaff is a comprehensive and popular time tracking and productivity monitoring software that is suitable for desktop, web, and mobile applications.
It also has a GPS tracking feature, team scheduling, online timesheets, payroll, and task handling tools. With Hubstaff, you can see work in real-time, find and track location with GPS monitoring, and much more.
The software is available for platforms like Mac, Windows, Linux that makes it one of the best tools for freelancers.
- You can automatically capture time
- You can easily count the billable & non-billable hours
- Get automatic billing & invoicing feature
- You can check and maintain your employee database
- Mobile time tracking feature enabled
- Track and find project time in offline mode
- Manages timesheet easily
Streak- CRM for Google
Since the tool is limited to Gmail, Streak is the best tool for freelancers and small company.
However, the established companies that depend on Google’s email customer will find this module valuable. Indeed, Streak top tech organizations like Uber, Weebly, Twitter and Yelp uses Streak.
With this fantastic tool, it’s simpler to follow views, sends the bulk email, plan messages and create separate yet related email strings for various teams like marketing, support, product and Human resource.
- Get features like snoozing, send later, snippets, thread splitter and filter email address
- Easily send bulk emails and merge them
- Quickly post file attachments (Google Drive)
- Import/Export capabilities to import and export data
- Easily find and filter email address
- Premium call support service for paid users
NetHunt is one of the most popular customer relationship management (CRM) software solutions and one of the best tools for freelancers to help them work closely with Gmail record and Google applications.
It enables you to trnsform your G Suite into a unified CRM hub.
NetHunt CRM blends completely with Gmail, placing the full-highlighted CRM directly close to your emails and other G Suite applications, LinkedIn and that’s only the tip of the iceberg!
- Unified customer relationship management
- Create more personalized marketing strategies
- The software streamline sales process
- Fast implementation
- Enhanced customer support efficiency
- Establish better team collaboration
- Intuitive interface
Promo.com is one of the effective and best tools for freelancers that help with the promotion of business across social media platforms, as well as create campaigns to boost engagement.
Freelancers can use this software to reduce cost-per-click, increase traffic, build brand awareness, or promote a product. It offers great ease of use if you need to get all these details for proper business promotion.
It’s s software that enables you to grow your business with the power of video!
- Create animation posts as well as high-quality video content
- Collaboration tools for better communication
- Tools with drag & drop option
- You will also find a rich media library
- Complete privacy and all rights reserved
Invoicely carries with it all the fundamental functionality expected of billing and invoicing tools or software. It offers ease of use that make it easy for freelancers to create and send invoices to old or new clients. A great way for them to manage their personal money without hassle.
It is one of the most reliable tools for freelancers that includes invoice creation, payment timetables and automatic updates, workflow automation, managing business records, customer data management, as well as data import and export, to name a few.
- Easy expense tracking as well as mileage tracking
- Estimate to invoice conversion
- Multiple freelance businesses management feature
- Customization email and automatic email sending method
- Easily to handle client data
Awario is one of the top-notch social media monitoring and listening tools exactly for freelancers.
In contrast to other social listening platforms technology , Awario doesn’t source their data from third-party information suppliers.
It uses powerful crawlers that sweep and scour more than 13 billion website pages consistently well, giving clients massive coverage and prompt updates at wherever there is a notice of their brand, product, or administration anywhere in the Web and social media.
- Continuous monitoring
- Facilitate conversations well
- Get multiple language support
- It’s has the best tools to organize discussions,
- Get information on social media mentions, Tweets, etc.
NordVPN is a major VPN solution for individuals and all type and size of freelance business. NordVPN lets you use public Wi-Fi and work accounts while on the go.
Apart from that, software users can keep their browsing history private. It’s great software that is compatible with every device and platform like Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Android TV. ‘
With a single NordVPN account, you can protect up to six devices all at the same time. Organizations can use NordVPN to do anonymous market research and test their products worldwide.
- Users can hide IP address
- No logs policy
- Facilitate Bitcoin payments
- You will have DNS leak Protection
- You will have complete access over the content
|Professional plus||$3.29/month-2 years plan|
An overview of all the tools for freelancers discussed in this post:
We have provided the name, features, and pricing of top-notch software and tools for freelancers.
You can purchase these tools as per your business requirement and budget. Note that some of the freelancer’s tools also offer a free plan with limited features.
If you are in the initial phase of freelance business with a tight budget, you should surely find out the software that offers a free plan.
These tools are well-designed to ease the life of freelancers and small businesses.
Questions asked while looking out for Tools for Freelancers:
What are the Writing Tools Freelance Writers Need?
When it is time to content writing, there are a few software and tools for freelancers that come in handy. Specifically, writing apps like Grammarly, dragon dictation, ProWritingAid are very much helpful in writing content with confidence.
These apps can save you time, improve writing and help you deliver the best piece.
Do your research well to find figure out your requirement and purchase a tool that fits your budget. You can also explore several free writing tools that might help write good quality content.
What are the Different Ways to Create a Portfolio as a writer?
There are several ways to create a freelancer’s portfolio as a writer. You can use an online platform to create an attractive portfolio. You should add the link of your best and published write-ups. Apart from that, you can use Google drive to put your work at one place and represent to your prospects. Also, add the testimonials or original reviews given by your current clients and add them to your portfolio.
How Do I list my business for freelance work?
The steps and costs associated with registering your freelance business will entirely depend upon the place, state, province, or even the area where you live. You will need permits and licenses to make sure your business is legal.
What is the expertise required to become a freelancer?
Excellent interpersonal skills and patience are essential to become a successful freelancer.
Also, disciplining yourself to work daily will enhance your skills and productivity to a great extent. Always keep in mind that you might suffer from irregular payments due to unpredictable work volumes.
When you are not having a lot of work and a lot of free time, focus on building new skills or brush-up your old skills.
What are the most reliable methods to find freelance gigs?
To find freelance gigs, you can join Facebook groups, discussion forums, and take website memberships for every type of freelance work.
Apart from that, you need to build a strong network on several freelancing platforms like Upwork, Freelancer.com etc. to bag high-quality deals. Also, focus yourself on building a system in the beginning.
You should also ask your current client to endorse you on various platforms and get testimonials written by them to advertise your work on different social media platforms.
What is the Best Invoice Software for Freelancers?
There are several invoicing software that fit your budget and save a lot of effort by simplifying your payment process. Freshbooks, Honeybooks, Harvest are some of the invoicing and billing software that is compatible with almost every operating system.
What are the Best Tools for Writing SEO-Friendly Web Posts?
As a writer, you have to create text cohesive and readable. Therefore, tools and software like Unplag, CoSchedule, and Keyword tool etc. can be used to write SEO-friendly web content in less effort.
Also, these tools can make your content unique, engaging as well as empower your freelance writing business.
Is freelancing easy?
Like most of the roses, freelancer’s life is full of thorns. In freelancing, you need to possess multiple skillsets like finding gigs, managing workflow and handling payments.
You need to be self-disciplined and work long hours to become successful. Sometimes, you may find a lack of work to pay your bills and the next day you might be running out of bandwidth due to a lot of work.
In short, you need to adapt yourself to the situation. After all, it will be worth making all the effort at the end.