I have been using WordPress since the time I have started writing. My blogs Sprout24, Tech-Tweak and, EasySendy website, all are on WordPress. Being an avid user of WordPress, I would say the plugins, themes, structure, scheduling features and seamless procedure are definitely the best.
One might wonder why WordPress is most sought after CMS. There are more than one reason that works in favour of this major famous content management system and here are some very basic reasons to use WordPress for content marketing purpose-
- WordPress is Free – This is the by-far the best reason why everyone opts for WordPress. It is a CMS that has no hidden costs even if you become a famous blogger.
- Its Open-Source – A powerful tool such as WordPress is not just free but also provides its users the scope to improve or modify the source code according to their needs.
- Ready-to-use after installation – There is no hassle with WordPress. After the installation is done, you can immediately start using it. I use Kinsta WordPress Hosting for this purpose.
- Versatility – Whether you are using it for your personal blog or for commercial purposes, WordPress is adaptable in all situations, and, you can see my use cases.
- SEO-friendly – The biggest plus with WordPress is that Search Engines have a liking towards WordPress sites since it has an easy to crawl framework. Besides these, wordpress has great SEO plugin support from Yoast.
- Easy-to-use Editor – One of the most pivotal feature driving its success is the mere fact that WordPress editor is as easy as ABC. It is interactive, intuitive and smooth. However, if you ever face any issues, WordPress provides unprecedented support on its WordPress forums.
Update: WordPress has introduced a plugin which when enabled help the website owners to comply with GDPR and CCPA. Though it doesn’t guarantee full GDPR and CCPA compliance, it broadly covers the main requirements.
Other factors like mobile-friendly, integration with other services like Aweber or MailChimp, awesome plugins, various content marketing plugins like Editorial Calendar, Scribe, MyCurator, Edit Flow, WP Inject, Easy Content Templates and others make WordPress a globally acclaimed CMS.
A look at some of the WordPress integrations:
Its global stature can be easily validated by its list of Notable users that WordPress very graciously showcases on its portal. Names like The New York Times, ebay, Fortune 500,Forbes, CNN, Reuters, TECHCRUNCH, Samsung and likes of such have been using WordPress to reach out to million of audiences every single day! Global brands like Times, TED, Dowjones, NBC Sports, Pando Daily, Thought Catalog and many more make up the list of WordPress VIP clients.