Wix is a cloud-based website builder and serves millions around the world today. It gives users the ability to create a highly customizable online store.
Here in this comparison guide of Wix alternatives, we will be comparing several alternatives of website builders.
Wix is also suitable for companies that want fast access to eCommerce. This website builder help people in website building and highly usable for people who need to design an online store with the least effort.
Wix’s user interface does not deprive the simplicity and intuition of the customization it offers. There are templates available, but you can make changes to taste and functionality. Wix also offers a free plan for companies and individuals to make it beginner friendly and help them get started.
- Drag and Drop Website building
- Free website builder
- Customizable Designs for online store
- Intuitive Website Builder
- 100s of Designer-Made Templates
- Free and Reliable Hosting
- Text Editor & Free Fonts
- Optimized Mobile View
- HTML Embed Code
- Image Editor
- Website Page Protection
- Add and Organize Pages
- Contact Manager
- One URL for website & mobile SiteSite
- Financial Tools
- Marketing Tools
- Personalized Google Mailbox
- Communication Tools
- Easy-to-add blog
- Site Analytics – Google Analytics
- Facebook comments
- Automatic blog styling
- Social Buttons
- Display Events
- Multiple Payment Methods
- Online Store templates
- Wix App Market
- Email Marketing templates
- Live Chat
Some of the Advantages of using Wix:
Wix’s main advantages are its easy to use features, reliable hosting, and small businesses’ friendly price. SEO applications are also available to support search users.
Friendly to Small and Medium Businesses
The drag and drop interface of Wix is intuitive and straightforward to use. Anyone with the ability to process words can create professional websites within hours. No coding or other technological expertise is necessary, like other website builders.
Wix is also supporting free domain names. You will get SEO-optimized and secure domain names.
Flexible Design Options
Wix features an open API architecture allowing developers to create and install custom website features. Coding is more comfortable to tweak, and SEO-compatible with Wix is now available to help you build a website without much experience. You can even disable or enable your visitors to leave a comment.
You can put content on Wix to boost your SEO results. You can quickly detect the content of the search engines. You can buy Wix’s SEO feature on the company’s marketplace.
Wix is an eCommerce module for small business owners and service providers for online trading. You will get a shopping cart feature on the product catalogs to display and articulate conveniently.
Wix websites do not only work for personal computers but also on mobile devices. You can easily make the website mobile responsive with minimum effort using its premium plan.
You don’t need to quit the Wix system if you use other third-party software. You can integrate Wix with other third party software like financing software, commercial software, and sales apps.
Get Support & Knowledge
Wix offers customer support to assist customers. For users who can do without live instructions, there is a knowledge base available.
- Constant Contact
- Active Campaign
- Capsule CRM
- Google Calendar
- Google Contacts
- Setmore Knowledge Base
- Tidio Live Chat
- Zoho CRM
4-5 famous websites who are using Wix
1. Seven Grams Caffe
Seven Grams Caffé uses a stylish and straightforward web interface for marketing its coffee and its baked products. The SiteSite contains one page, prompts for social media, contacts, and galleries of photos.
Cruz, based in Kuala Lumpur, has a clean and straightforward design of the website. Visitors can conveniently access the gallery, contact details, pastry list, and more with an updated menu at the end.
MAAPILIM provides minimalist and luxurious, handmade men’s toiletries. Their online store echoes the same concept with a clear picture and a single “Shop Now” button.
4. Linda Franzosi
Linda Franzosi demonstrates how a resume-like webpage can be produced with templates and resources from Wix. Visitors may test their abilities and skills with a parallax interface. The website also reveals its talent for content and graphic design.
5. French Knot Studios
French Knot Studios has put the social buttons at the top of the SiteSite strategically to encourage visitors to check out their Instagram and Pinterest page with one click. Their portfolio page is there to include descriptions of the images under their thumbnails.
Why should you not use Wix?
1. The starter plan does not delete advertising.
Only advertisements that support you directly may appear on your website. You would need to buy a premium package to remove the advertisements.
2. There are no unlimited plans.
You cannot use the infinite bandwidth or storage options of Wix. For the commercial plans sold at higher prices, that is also valid.
3. Designs that drag and drop can reduce your imagination.
It takes more time than many people fully realize to design and create a website on Wix properly. Now you can drag and drop things anywhere you want, but it can still be a challenging operation.
4. The Wix App Store does not have apps.
I-frames from the Wix App Store add to your website features. These are easy to install and to work with, but not as simple as many people need.
5. With Wix, SEO is neck pain.
The SEO Wizard Wix offers access, and this works well to optimize content. But the quantity it can achieve is reduced because it lies a little behind the times.
What is similar to Wix?
Following are similar apps, as Wix:
- Shopify – the #1 eCommerce website builder and popular Wix alternative
- Weebly – a trendy Wix alternative and website builder for small businesses
- Jimdo – another simple Wix alternative with ease of use
- Bigcommerce – a great eCommerce builder similar to Wix
- Squarespace – a very well-known Wix alternative similar website builder for photography & essential website
Is Wix or GoDaddy better?
Overall, Wix is the best website builder; there’s no debating it. Their platform provides you greater flexibility: for design and functionality. It feels better because of the full potential of the drag and down editor. The simple editor of GoDaddy, however, is a little easier to manage. GoDaddy is a useful Wix alternative if you need something other than Wix.
It depends, of course, on the type of webpage you like.
When to choose GoDaddy over Wix:
GoDaddy is the best Wix alternative. You can choose GoDaddy if you:
- You like the cheapest plan to build your website without any commercials.
- It is essential to build an entire website.
- You are a GoDaddy client already, particularly one that uses its marketing tools.
When to choose Wix over GoDaddy:
- You want absolute website design influence.
- You want an excellent online shop on your website.
- More features continue to launch over time from the excellent Wix app market.
Is Squarespace easier than Wix?
Wix is typically a more beginner-friendly website builder than Squarespace because both sites offer a common approach to creating eCommerce sites. The drag & drop editor of Wix performs exceptionally and help you make changes in no time. All are straightforward to make you intuitively feel at home from the beginning of your platform. Moreover, the Site History framework makes it more comfortable in the event of disasters to recuperate information.
Wix gives even a super quick starting-point: Wix ADI. It uses a virtual agent who asks you and provides you with a website. The great thing is that when you find ADI too limited, you can always turn to the standard editor.
Squarespace is not a technological nightmare, far from it, and might be the best Wix alternative. Still, usually, you have to press more times to produce the same performance as Wix. For instance: Squarespace allows you to deal with Spacer elements and build columns in their grid structure, rather than just moving the images precisely where you want them.
You can use Squarespace’s knowledge base to look at even the primary task of handling your navigation your navigation’s hierarchy and function because it is relatively vague, to be fair. You still don’t have a featured backup and restore. You can copy/paste in Google Docs your content, which is not perfect or very useful.
The learning curve in Squarespace is steeper. It’s all right because you know your way around the eCommerce platform. But with its excellent user experience and robust backup system, Wix still wins.
Popular Wix alternatives:
Weebly is known as best Wix alternative you can use to efficiently create and publish websites. The forum, website, or online store of a customer can comfortably contain over 20 third parties applications. Weebly users also can buy their custom domain or launch a business website using a Weebly sub-domain. Weebly also offers a great deal of control of your website and lets you create a theme from scratch.
- App integration
- Drag and drop builder
- Full-width page editor
- Easy publishing
- 24×7 customer Support
- Free Sub-domain
- Domain name registration
- Responsive templates
- eCommerce Online Store
- The key advantages of Weebly are like streamlining the marketing processes, makes it easy to set up and run the Weebly app, and let you easily publish your pages.
- Weebly delivers unified content and third-party integration tools.
- Interested users can log in to Weebly by using your email or Facebook address.
- Users can then update to obtain a personalized domain name for a free web site with a Weebly subdomain.
- By picking Weebly subjects, consumers can guarantee that their pages, blogs, or online shops fit their branding.
- 123 Form Builder
- Free trial: yes
- Basic: free
- Starter: $8/month
- Pro: $12/month
Webflow is a Drag and Drop website builder and a better Wix alternative for people who want to design an online store without coding. This website builder is one of the best Wix alternatives that offers users a range of features like family typography, animation, and trigger-based animations, and much more.
- Optimized images
- Reusable, customizable symbols
- Dropdown menu
- Content templates
- HTML embed codes
- Sliders and carousels
- Direct client billing
- CMS API
- White label forms
- Tab navigation
- Custom favicon
- Website editor
- SEO meta titles, descriptions
- Related content tools
- 3D animations
- Custom URL redirects
- Zapier Integration
- CSS filters
- Help Center
- Open graph content
- MailChimp integration
- Background videos
- Project organization
- Google Domains Purchasing
- Global Color Swatches
- Custom code addition
- Robust content search
- Enterprise-level website security
- Interactive design
- Total creative control
- Customizable web forms
- CSS3 flexible boxes
- Community forum
- Website Rich text
- RSS Feeds
- SEO tags template
- Form submissions review
- Priority support
- Quick load times of website
- Web font families
- Custom domain name
- Site password protection
- SNS components
- Exportable code
- 24/7 site monitoring
- Reliable hosting
- Staging sites
- SEO optimization
- Website templates
- CMS importation via Zapier
- Image alt tags
- Instantaneous updates
- XML sitemap
- Website backups
- CSS styling properties
- CMS white labeling
- Google Analytics Integration
- Responsive websites
- Custom error pages
- Google maps
The key advantages of Webflow include several user-friendly tools, content management capability, live communication, Webflow editing, dynamic SEOs, and connectivity with third-party applications. Some of the features of Webflow:
- Webflow supports easy website formation
- Programmers can manipulate all website features visually without writing codes
- The framework is responsible for design-based code writing, making it available for release or export to other platforms.
- Webflow gives them a forum for meetings to create excellent sites and to work together in this connection.
- Still, consumers are allowed to navigate the project.
- Google Analytics
- Google Domains
- Free trial: yes
- Freelancers free staging: free
- Freelancers basic hosting: $15/month
- Freelancers cms hosting: $20/month
- Freelancers business hosting: $45/month
- Designers starter: free
- Designers lite: $24/month
- Designers pro: $42/month
- Creative teams – team: $42/month
- Creative teams large team: Contact vendor
Squarespace is a web builder with several integrated models and comprehensive personalization. Squarespace’s user-friendly previewer and easy-to-use editing platform for people who want to build an eCommerce website. It is the best Wix alternative that offer a free plan to create an eCommerce site and help you get started. However, if you need access to its advanced features and want to build a fantastic site, you need to purchase the plan.
- Custom WYSIWYG Editor
- Modern Templates
- Social Links
- Site Style Editor
- Automatic Image Scaling
- Direct Editing
- Responsive Image Loader
- Content Downloading
- Mobile Information Bar
- Built-in Mobile Websites
- Free website builder
- Template Switching
- Gallery Blocks
- Dropbox File Synchronization
- Custom CSS
- Drag-and-Drop Management
- Audio Collections
- Site Annotations
- Squarespace has the most significant advantages of making great websites, allowing users to make money off their platform and SEO and marketing resources.
- As an intuitive website designer, Squarespace-built websites are visually spectacular and highly sensitive to visitors, offering them a rich Online experience.
- A content block feature makes it easier for users to add elements to a page when editing.
- Users can alter designs, icons and change the font and color template with the Style Editor.
- Aviary incorporation allows for the edition of images online.
- Google Analytics
- Getty Images
- Form Block
- Free trial:
- Personal: $12/month
- Business: $26/month
- Online stores basic: $26/month
- Online stores advanced: $40/month
Shopify is the popular Wix alternative and one of the most famous website builders. It has many tools and features which enable e-commerce companies to set up, run, and sell your goods and services in person. More than 600,000 commercial online businesses are using Shopify website builder. Unlike BigCommerce, you need to pay transaction fees for every sale you make using Shopify. The transaction fees vary depending upon the plan you choose, unlike Wix.
- Full blogging platform
- 100+ professional themes
- Brand and customizing online store
- Web-based website builder
- Your domain name
- Automatic carrier shipping rates
- Mobile commerce ready
- Accept credit cards with Shopify
- Free SSL certificate
- 70 payment gateways
- Customer profiles, accounts & groups
- Flexible shipping rates
- Marketing & SEO
- Automatic taxes
- Multiple languages
- All key and advanced shopping cart features
- 24/7 support
- Shopify Mobile
- Order fulfillment
- Email templates
- Web hosting
Shopify’s key advantages are robust features, ease of use, and excellent customer assistance. More details are available here if you want to know more about the platform:
- This platform provides a wide range of advantages for companies wishing to set up an online shop.
- Shopify’s key advantage is the fast establishment of a reactive e-commerce store by users.
- A long list of ready-made topics makes this possible to give a professional appeal to your company.
- Shopify hosts the consumer shops to don’t need to think about your business’ technological aspect.
- It also provides customer service 24 hours a day to answer all your concerns.
- Free trial: – Yes
- Lite:- 9$/month
- Basic plan: – 29$/month
- Shopify: – 79$/month
- Advanced plan: -299$/month
WordPress is a blog framework with thousands of different themes, plugins, and widgets and the best Wix alternative. Users can host their blogs free of charge or get a web host that meets minimum standards in WordPress. Users only need to supply their WordPress. Com address with an email address.
Self-hosted WordPress hosting relies on software from WordPress org that is setup using a streamlined one-click installation script. Self-hosted WordPress is a platform where you download WordPress and install the WordPress platform.
- Publishing Fast
- Structure for Implementation.
- Machine plugin
- Ease of use
- Plugin expansion
- Conformity with Full Requirements
- Optimized search engine
- Tools for publishing
- Comments built-in
- User Administration
- Forms of personalized material
- System of topics
- WordPress’s key advantages are its content management functions, easy-to-use UI, drag and drop editor, automatic, autonomous mechanism, and accessibility.
- WordPress has evolved into a well-known blogging site that also has content management functions
- It’s easy to use and has an interface that is easy to use for newbies and small business owners
- Constant Contact
- Post-Affiliate Pro
- Campaign Monitor
- Zoho SalesIQ
- Free trial: Yes
- Free: $0
- Personal: $4 per month
- Premium: $8/ per month
- Business: $25/ per month
Jimdo is the best cloud-hosted website builder used worldwide by freelancers and small businesses. It has helped to create more than 200,000 online stores since it was launched in 2010. This website builder has a dynamic kit that is simple to use. It provides a seamless way to use a smartphone, tablet, or device to build websites.
- Social Media
- Professional Templates
- Storage and bandwidth
- Mobile View
- Contact forms
- Basic & Advanced Online Store
- Photo Galleries
- Mobile Express Page
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Optimized for Mobile
- Google Maps
- File Downloads
Jimdo’s key advantages are its openness to foreign users, its smart websites, and its cost-effective website design solution. The specifications are as follows:
- Since Jimdo’s team is worldwide, they make sure foreign customers have the apps available.
- The app supports 12 languages to ensure that everyone can use it in online presence growth.
- Jimdo pages are designed for search engines automatically.
- The payment plan can do more by adding meta-tag details to each web page, rather than just SEO work.
- It helps users to strengthen their SEO plans and strategies.
- Google +
- Free trial: Yes
- Jimdo free plan: $0
- Jimdopro plan: $7.50 per month
- Jimdo business plan: $20 per month
- Jimdo platinum plan: $30 per month
ButterCMS is a CMS and blog engine focused on APIs. You can incorporate this website builder into an existing framework with any technical stack as a headless content management system. The WYSIWYG editor helps you to create website content without HTML codes. ButterCMS also includes integrated SEO and other features like content preview, revision history, placement, and post scheduling. It has a segment on workflows where team members can collaborate and keep up with their content marketing planning. This website builder also provides APIs suite to easily integrate content and make it easy for the advertisers to work on their front pages, unlike Wix.
- Content API
- Content modeling
- Media library support
- Roles and permissions
- User dashboard
- Website Content update
- Multi-sites and environment
ButterCMS has the critical advantages of producing and displaying content anywhere, reducing expenses, reducing market time, and efficiently redesigning and implementing the website.
ButterCMS is of interest to advertisers, developers, and end-users. It is one of the best-in-class website builders with features like:
- You can also use this CMS program to create pure content and create any kind of app you want or make it on smartphones, the web, smartwatches, or SmartTV.
- You can spend less on investing in a complete setup, such as a broad database and background software processing and search engine.
- ButterCMS helps to minimize the website’s launch time because your content designers and developers can do their jobs concurrently without having to share or block resources.
- As a CMS headless alternative, you’re able to easily manage your needs at the back of the device using the same versatile GUI.
- React Native
- Free trial: Yes
- Blog: $40/month
- Startup: $99/month
- Small business: $208/month
- Agency + enterprise: contact vendor
Ghost is an open-source application stack publishing site. This Wix alternative is suitable for writers, content marketers, podcasters, reporters, entrepreneurs, and video makers. With more than 5,000 applications and services, Ghost integrates easily via Zapier. You can use this best website builder from your laptop, Mac, PC, and Linux.
- Site Management
- Team Management
- Content Ownership
- Publishing Workflow
- Open Source
- Managed Infrastructure
- Desktop App
- Developer API
- Import and Export
Ghost has the main advantages: blog content writing through a clean GUI, publication, and delivery, generating membership revenue, and reacting faster than regular blogs.
It is one of the best blogging site and website builders with a ton of features like:
Here are the advantages of using Ghost:
- Ghost is a clean CMS interface program that enables users to concentrate on writing.
- It has a collection of tools like a completely expandable editor.
- Multi-language support, personalized web architectures, dynamic routing, and content selection features
- And you can select when your post is going live with its full editorial calendar.
- Ghost provides an integrated SEO and AMP support to allow your content to be found and served everywhere for your audience.
- Google Analytics
- Google Drive
- iA Writer
- Help Scout
- Listen to Notes
- Google AMP
- Azure Storage
- Google Cloud
- Google Forms
- Free trial: Yes
- Basic: $29/month
- Standard: $79/month
- Business: $199/month
HubSpot CMS Hub
HubSpot Service Hub has tools and features which allow users to engage, guide and build customers. This Wix alternative provides a robust front-office solution for consumers in marketing, sales, and services with a clear view of their clients. One of the best website builders lets you use the raw conversion process to make consumers happy and your brand members.
- Automation & routing
- Knowledge base
- Conversational bots
- Live chat
- Customer feedback
- Conversations dashboard
- Email scheduling
- Team email
- Contact management
- Company records
- Email tracking & notifications
- Meeting scheduling
- Email sequences
- Contact & company insights
- Canned snippets
- Email templates
- Phone & email support
Customer loyalty, customer guidance, and customer development are the key advantages of the Service Centre. It is a better alternative to Wix with features like:
- The critical component of the Service Hub is the conversion function.
- Captures what customers have searched in the networks like Social Media, email, and talk to fit how customers respond to conversions, enabling you to understand your customers better.
- The system also helps monitor and handle multi-channel communication, otherwise tricky, mainly when messages arrive simultaneously.
- The service hub has a customer engagement tool that allows you to produce surveys and gain insights for the public to understand your customers better.
- Marketing, HubSpot CRM, Sales
- Outlook for Windows
- G Suite
- Free trial: Yes
- The service hub professional: Starts at $400/month for five users
Although several Wix alternatives are available to help you build an online store, the above are most common. Wix offers several features to build a website for small and large business owners. However, there are several alternatives to Wix that you can use to build online stores of your choice. It is advisable to compare several factors like a free plan, premium plans, free trial, pricing, integrations, advantages, and more to choose your business’s best Wix alternative. If you are also looking for a useful and suitable alternative to Wix, this comparison guide will surely help you decide the right one for your business.
Questions asked while looking for Wix alternative:
What for Wix is used?
Wix is an intuitive, drag-and-drop editor, which allows the development of a professional web site simple for beginners.
What are the Wix advantages?
In addition to the easy-to-use, intuitive interfaces, the extensive range of templates makes it easy for beginners to create a professional website.
What’s the downside of Wix?
The biggest downside is that after you launch your website, you can’t change templates. Wix’s proprietary technology is another essential aspect, ensuring you can not export your Wix to another software.
Is Wix free?
Yes, Wix provides a forever-free plan to get started, but its features are restricting, and you can’t use a domain name. However, the free plan of Wix is undoubtedly useful to get started with building an eCommerce site.
What is the top competitor of Wix?
Many good Wix alternative offers similar characteristics and prices. The overall best rival for Wix is Squarespace. The critical distinction is the consistency of Squarespace’s design choices and models. Shopify is the best solution for eCommerce website and a popular alternative to Wix.
What’s more economical than Wix?
Consider using SITE123 for a cheaper Wix alternative to design an eCommerce site. It is a website builder that is much cheaper than Wix, and it is much easier to use. It’s an excellent choice for beginners, and you can still develop an online store, install applications, and tailor your eCommerce website in the way you want.
Can web pages of Wix be hacked?
Your Site does not express information in a way that can be compromised without the functionality. To keep the website secure, Wix uses SSL and many other best techniques. The platform only provides payment gates with the safest tools if you own an online site for business.