If you are a business owner or a professional with an end goal to achieve growth, you will agree how important it is to have a robust sales game. Seriously, you cannot do without sales to win over the cut-throat competition.
One of the significant aspects of business growth is preparing pre-sales collaterals such as online brochures, pricing leaflets, PPTs, and more. Proposals, in particular, take more critical as these are the first of the many documents sent to the prospects.
But creating proposals requires hard work, time and expertise and if you are a small business, you can’t afford the proposal making process. Keeping that thought in mind, let us discuss three proposal software that can help you create proposals, track them and attract new customers.
Let’s have a look – you will not be disappointed:
PandaDoc is an online document management platform which enables you to create, deliver and share documents on the web quickly and insert legal e signature for quicker paperless processes and transactions. Started in 2011, PandaDoc was established with the aim of empowering businesses and individuals to connect with their customers better.
PandaDoc is the recipient of two awards in June 2021 – Great User Experience Award and Expert’s Choice Award. Used by major brands such as Tata Steel, Chase, Calendly, Cirque Du Soleil, AppDirect, Dale Carnegie Training and more, PandaDoc is a name to reckon with. The pandadoc g2 crowd review has mentioned the details of PandaDoc already.
Did you know deals worth $16,000,000,000+ have been closed using the web solution, and the number is only going to increase in the coming months? This isn’t surprising given that PandaDoc sells five services of its own, catering to different kinds of audience:
If your work revolves around creating proposals, then PandaDoc proposal software will enable you to develop design-oriented and high-converting proposal templates.
If your work revolves around creating contracts, then PandaDoc will enable you to develop complete lifecycle management under one roof.
PandaDoc offers a simple and easy-to-use solution for accurate quotes.
If your work revolves a lot around legally binding documents, look no further. Secure electronic signatures are possible thanks to the secured feature offered by Pandadoc.
Automating essential HR processes such as recruiting and onboarding is a cakewalk, thanks to PandaDoc.
1) The drag-and-drop editor of PandaDoc enables you to create all kinds of business documents such as proposals, contracts, quotes and more. What takes a long time due to the level of precision and detail required can be finished quickly on the web-based solution.
2) Time is money, and PandaDoc gets it which is why you can easily share relevant documents with the top management of your company for electronic signatures. Welcome to the 21st century, people!
3) The best part about using PandaDoc is you won’t be bothered about working with word documents, PDFs, printers, faxes, scanners or any other paraphernalia as all the work on the web solution happens on the cloud safely and securely.
4) You get insight into real-time analytics every time your recipient opens and edits the document you have shared with him or her. Just because you work on the cloud doesn’t mean you will never know what happens to your document when you share it.
5) PandaDoc empowers you to complete all compliance requirements with its Audit Trail feature that displays every stage of the document you have shared with other people.
6) Now is the age of mobile and PandaDoc ensures that your job can be done even when you are not on your desk. Whether you use an Android or an iPhone, you can view, approve, add e signature, and track documents while on-the-fly on your smartphone.
7) In case you get stuck while using PandaDoc services, follow step-by-step instructions in the Help Centre or contact the support team through an email or by putting an in-app request.
8) PandaDoc allows its users to sign up for free.
More than two dozen applications and tools can be integrated with PandaDoc. From sales and marketing to accounting, help desk and CRM – the web solution has covered multiple functions.
Of course, the list is not exhaustive and the web solution will keep adding more applications to this list. Watch out for this space.
PandaDoc has a straightforward pricing plan. It offers four types of packages.
The Pandadoc pricing for its business plan is just for $49 per month that takes care of end-to-end sales workflow needs. Here is a short listicle of what is up on offer:
Unlimited templates, documents, and eSignatures
- Custom branding
- Document analytics
- Document builder and editor
- Pricing tables and product catalogs
- Content library Manager approval workflow
- Document expiration settings
- Email and phone support
- Fully integrated with multiple tools
The pandadoc pricing of the Enterprise plan that’s for full-power sales workflows varies from business to business. If you are planning to opt for the plan, contact the PandaDoc team for complete information.
1) PandaDoc doesn’t allow multiple users to work on a document at the same time.
2) The solution doesn’t allow the user to duplicate a document that would be needed again. Even if it does, PandaDoc changes the sequence number to something different from the original document.
3) The user can’t add a deadline to the signatures which means he or she will have to follow up with the concerned party to check if the document has been duly signed.
4) Live collaborative document editing on the platform is still a dream.
5) The user can’t add comments to other team members while creating a document.
While PandaDoc is a great tool, it does have its share of shortcomings (and we just saw that). I will share two PandaDoc alternatives that you may love in case the web solution as mentioned earlier isn’t your cup of tea or the Pandadoc pricing doesn’t suit you well.
Let us now jump on to the alternatives better than Pandadoc or maybe the other way round:
If you want to switch from Pandadoc then Proposify is a SaaS-model web-based solution for making practical and high-converting proposals. The platform has been designed in such a manner that it streamlines the proposal writing process and removes glitches and obstacles that come in between the process. It is also one of the popular pandadoc alternatives to try.
As a user, you can create and manage proposals, work with teams, use customizable templates and discover new, fresh content – all under a single roof! In my opinion, Proposify is ideal for small and midsize businesses that continuously require to make proposals to get more business.
The PandaDoc alternative has a select clientele with brands like BUHV Designs, TPC – The Payroll Company, Krumwiede, Rio Grande Fence Co, Spartan, Volume Nine, Pump, Unstoppable Software, and more associated with it.
1) Creating a proposal on the PandaDoc alternative is so quick that it is hard to let any deal go out of your sight or turn cold.
2) The proposal making process is chaotic and involves a lot of back-and-forth of information. But not with the PandaDoc alternative. You can efficiently collaborate with your team, manage their activities and permissions and track the job done on the document – under the same roof.
3) If you want to do away with wondering if your client has received the proposal, signed it and sent it back to you – then the PandaDoc alternative is perfect for you. The platform keeps track of the document’s movement as soon as you share it with the concerned party. In short, you can create send track and do a lot more with this tool.
4) Your clients will be happy to see your proposals in a mobile-friendly, well-designed layout. Gone are the days of black and white documents. A well-designed report with the right details can increase the chances of conversion.
5) Moreover, the prospects you send the documents to don’t need to print it and sign on it in case they want to do business with you. An electronic signature is all that’s required, and your job is over!
6) You can even organize your content library comprising of case studies, fees, bios, and more in one library which is accessible to you and your team – no matter where you guys are. You can search, tag and group the content as per the proposal you are currently making. The PandoDoc alternative helps you manage content like a pro.
7) The PandoDoc alternative also offers a variables feature which changes the name of the client for which you are proposing. You never have to worry about including the wrong client name because the platform will do it for you. How cool is that, isn’t it?
More than two dozen applications and tools can be integrated with the PandaDoc alternative. From sales, project management and marketing to accounting, help desk and CRM – the web solution has covered multiple functions.
Of course, the list is not exhaustive and the web solution will keep adding more applications to this list. Base CRM, DropBox, Trello, and Slack are next. Watch out for this space.
Let us look at the Proposify pricing plan to see if it is a cheaper pandadoc alternative or not. Proposify has a straightforward pricing plan. It offers three types of stylishly named packages.
The Tall plan is for individuals and is available for just $19 per month. It is perfect for one active user and offers essential features for use including chat and email support.
- Up to 5 active proposals
- Unlimited templates
- Unlimited contacts
- Real-time analytics
- PDF export
The Grande plan is apt for small businesses and has everything that Tall offers and more like branded URL, unlimited active proposals and stripe online payments. This plan is available for just $49 per month.
Then there is the Venti plan for more prominent businesses which you will have to get in touch with their team. You get phone support apart from email and chat. Sounds good, isn’t it?
- Additional users
- Flexible team and user permissions
- User training
- Account management
- Document assistance
The PandaDoc alternative offers a gallery of free, professional and well-designed proposals for your perusal. Kick-starting a sales process has never been easier thanks to these customizable templates. The PandaDoc alternative covers a variety of industries such as software, design, real estate, events, professional services, and marketing.
Qwilr, PandaDoc, ClientPoint, Better Proposals, and Proposable are some of the paid/free Pandadoc and Proposify alternatives. We have already discussed PandaDoc, and while it is a great tool, it does have its share of shortcomings.
Creating sleek and snappy proposals on Proposify has never been easier. If the PandaDoc alternative isn’t your cup of tea, it is okay. There are alternatives better than pandadoc, and all you need to do is grab the best one for you and your business.
There is one more PandaDoc alternative I want to discuss with you. Let’s go!
The second PandaDoc alternatives to try is Better Proposals. It is a web solution for creative agencies and service businesses. Since their growth models are rapid and require them to chase their prospects to close a deal regularly, a nifty proposal is all they need.
Welcome, Better Proposals! With 7,000+ customers in the kitty, the PandaDoc alternative makes writing proposals simple without the hassle of formatting or spending hours making them look professional.
Type the content and change the pricing and the document is ready to be rolled out to the prospects. Everything else is automatic on Better Proposals so you can easily switch to this PandaDoc alternative. With an impressive clientele featuring ITN, the University of the West of England, Oloves, Manchester 1824, AppSumo, and more – Better Proposal is a name to reckon with.
Without further ado, let us have a look at its remarkable features:
1) To get started, you can either design your proposal or choose a fancy template from the Marketplace – their exhaustive template gallery.
2) Editing the proposal is a cakewalk, and you can customize an already existing proposal as per the prospect requirements. Working on the PandaDoc alternative is a boon for those companies that send out bids on a daily basis.
3) Send your proposals in style in a beautifully-designed and minimalist email comprising your logo and message. Who doesn’t love to receive things in form? Your clients will adore you for the same.
4) GoCardless, Stripe, and PayPal are three payment processing gateways used by the PandaDoc alternative. You can even add your company card for any recurring payments.
5) There’s no formatting to do on the PandaDoc alternative. The design takes care of itself, and you can easily customize a proposal template to meet prospect requirements.
6) Even if you don’t have a design team in your company, your proposals will always look well designed and laid out similar to Pandadoc. The images are perfect, and the font sizes are apt – the templates shared by Better Proposals are to die for!
7) Better Proposals has a built-in digital signature tool which makes signing on the documents extremely easy. All your prospect has to do is type their name in the document and press “Sign Proposal.” Voila! Your proposal is signed, and your prospect is now your client.
8) If you want to do away with wondering if your client has received the proposal, signed it and sent it back to you – then the PandaDoc alternative is perfect for you. The platform keeps track of the document’s movement as soon as you share it with the concerned party.
9) Better Proposals allow you to maintain an organized sales pipeline so that you and your team exactly know where the deal is, has your document been signed or not, and more.
10) You can even put Live Chat on your proposals and answer prospect questions whenever they have them. Use tools like ConvertFox, Crisp, Intercom, JivoChat, Olark, Zopim, Pure Chat, Zendesk Chat, and more.
11) Better Proposals is available in 21 languages including Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Portuguese, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, English and more. You can even make full use of your tax system and home currency!
12) Better Proposals takes care of security, and you log into the website through a 256-bit encrypted link.
More than two dozen applications and tools can be integrated with Better Proposals. From sales and marketing to accounting, help desk and CRM – the PandaDoc alternative has covered multiple functions.
Here are a few names – Salesflare, Zoho CRM, HubSpot CRM, Pipedrive, Insightly, Base CRM, Highrise, Active Campaign, Capsule, and Nimble. Then there are live chat applications such as ConvertFox, Crisp, Intercom, JivoChat, Olark, Zopim, Pure Chat, Zendesk Chat, and more that also integrate with Better Proposals.
Of course, the list is not exhaustive and the web solution will keep adding more applications to this list. Watch out for this space.
You will need to look at the pricing plans to know if it will be a cheaper pandadoc alternative or not. The PandaDoc alternative has a straightforward pricing plan. It offers three types of packages. The Starter plan is just for $19 per month, the Premium plan is for $49 per month, and the Enterprise plan is for $129 per month.
You can sign up for free, and they will only charge you once you purchase either of the plans. I think that’s great, isn’t it?
The PandaDoc alternative offers a gallery of free, professional and well-designed Client Signoff and Statement of Work Templates for your perusal. Kick-starting a sales process has never been easier thanks to these customizable proposals, online brochures, and quotes. The PandaDoc alternative covers a variety of industries such as software, design, real estate, events, eCommerce, professional services, branding, and marketing.
GDPR and CCPA Update: Better Proposals is compliant with GDPR and CCPA and they have made some changes to ensure the compliance is full-proof. You can get a detailed overview of all GDPR and CCPA related queries on this link.
Qwilr, PandaDoc, ClientPoint, Bidsketch, Nusii, Proposify and Proposable are some of the alternatives of Better Proposals. We have already discussed PandaDoc and Proposify, and I am sure by now you are clear about the perfect web solution for your company.
Now to know how Proposify is similar to PandaDoc let us jump to our next section:
PandaDoc vs. Proposify
Both the tools are excellent in their ways, but their usability differs from the needs of an individual professional and small and midsize businesses. So if you are not convinced about either of the two, then it is best to run a comparative analysis of both PandaDoc and Proposify. Let’s compare, review and discuss. Here we go:
1) Easy-to-create proposals in PandaDoc
PandaDoc: The best part about using PandaDoc is you won’t be bothered about working with word documents, PDFs, printers, faxes, scanners or any other paraphernalia as all the work on the web solution happens on the cloud safely and securely.
Proposify: The proposal making process is chaotic and involves a lot of back-and-forth of information. But not with the PandaDoc alternative. You can efficiently collaborate with your team, manage their activities and permissions and track the job done on the document – under the same roof.
However, the catch is you can’t create unlimited documents on Proposify. You can do that on PandaDoc.
2) Better support in Proposify
PandaDoc: In case you get stuck while using PandaDoc services, follow step-by-step instructions in the Help Centre or contact the support team through an email or by putting an in-app request.
Proposify: Only the Venti plan in Proposify allows phone, email and chat support. The other two pricing plans offer chat and phone support.
I am a little biased towards Proposify here because there is a limit to how much PandaDoc can help through its instructional section in the Help Centre. What do you think?
3) Faster document creation
PandaDoc: PandaDoc doesn’t even allow the user to duplicate a document that would be needed again. Also if it does, PandaDoc changes the sequence number to something different from the original document.
Proposify: You can even organize your content library on Proposify comprising of case studies, fees, bios, and more in one library which is accessible to you and your team – no matter where you guys are. You can search, tag and group the content as per the proposal you are currently making. The PandoDoc alternative helps you manage content like a pro.
If you are looking at a content management feature, then you should go for the PandaDoc alternative – Proposify.
4) Limited integration
Only five CRMs can be integrated with Proposify, while 15 CRM applications can be easily integrated with PandaDoc.
5) Payment processing
PandaDoc: If you are looking at processing payments, then PandaDoc is the right tool for you. You can send quotation, proposals, and invoices from a single dashboard to your prospects and clients. The web solution accepts credit card payments inside any document. Stripe is the integrated tool. PayPal is an upcoming getaway.
Proposify: However on the tool, you can use both Stripe and PayPal to make and receive payments.
6) Advanced analytics
PandaDoc: Analytics rules the world and PandaDoc thoroughly understands that. The web solution puts a wealth of data for you to analyze with its advanced analytics reporting. The teams with which the documents have been shared can see the entire pipeline.
Proposify: The PandaDoc alternative doesn’t have this feature on such a massive scale.
7) Unlimited templates
PandaDoc: PandaDoc doesn’t have many template options on offer.
Proposify: The PandaDoc alternative offers a gallery of free, professional and well-designed proposals for your perusal. Kick-starting a sales process has never been easier thanks to these customizable templates. The PandaDoc alternative covers a variety of industries such as software, design, real estate, events, professional services, and marketing.
8) Team collaboration
PandaDoc: Live collaborative document editing on the platform is still a dream in PandaDoc.
Proposify: But not with the PandaDoc alternative. You can efficiently collaborate with your team, manage their activities and permissions and track the job done on the document – under the same roof.
Some other Pandadoc alternatives are:
HelloSign is a web-based tool that helps users sign legally binding e-signatures. It comes with a drag and drop interface to allow users to upload documents. With the ability to retrieve documents from various sources like Gmail, Dropbox, Evernote, and Skydrive the complete process of affixing the signature is hassle-free.
- Team management tools
- Flexible workflows
- Bank level security
- Third-party integrations
- Google integrations
HelloSign is available in 4 plans:
- Free : ( 3 signature request per month)
- Essential : $15/mo (unlimited signature request per month)
- Business : $40/mo (unlimited signature request per month)
- Enterprise : Custom quote
An electronic signature application that allows people to send, sign, approve and perform transactions on the go. It allows you to use any device anytime and speeds up the workflow with its fully secure digital signature. The platform uses a high level of security and sticks to tight data protection laws. DocuSign allows users to prepare documents, collect signatures and also get in-person signatures via a tablet or smartphone.
- Biometric phone authentication
- Agent role
- Collaboration markup
- ESIGN compliant, Certificate of Completion, Audit trail
- Email to signature
- Dynamic forms
DocuSign is available in 5 plans:
- Personal: $10/mo
- Standard: $25/mo
- Business Pro: $40/mo
- Advanced solution
A digital signature software that helps collect legally binding signatures on documents. This tool is an apt option for small to medium-sized businesses as well as for freelancers. The signatures collected by this tool are compliant with UETA and ESIGN act. It comes with an easy-to-use interface with simple and straightforward tools and features. In case of the absence of a readymade document, you can take the help of the 45 free templates that you can customize as per your will.
- Contract templates
- Audit and log history
- Custom business branding
- Team management
- Integration with Google drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and box
- Notification and reminders
Signaturely is available in three plans as well as offers a free trial.
- Free: $0
- Personal: $10
- Business: $15
An overview of the two Pandadoc alternatives discussed in this post:
Over to you
I think it is best to give all the three tools a fair shot. I am not saying PandaDoc is better than its alternatives, or the PandaDoc alternatives are better than the tool, but you never know what may do good for your business.
Sign up and use all of them for three months and then give me a final verdict. What do you think?
Questions asked when looking for PandaDoc alternatives:
Which is the best document management solution for teams in 2020?
There are plenty of options to choose from some of it include PandaDoc, Proposify, Better Proposals, ZohoForms, PinPoint etc.
What is the purpose of using PandaDoc or other document management systems?
The purpose of the document management system is to store, manage and keep a track of electronic documents.
How much does PandaDoc cost?
PandaDoc comes in three pricing plans and one enterprise plan:
What are some good alternatives to PandaDoc that allow to create send track documents?
Some of the good alternatives to PandaDoc that can help create send track documents are: BetterProposals , DocuSign and Proposify.
Does PandaDoc support e signature and contracts?
Yes ,PandaDoc supports both e signature and contracts.
What does a signature solution software do ?
The signature solution gives the user the ability to add/receive an e signature on an electronic document. This software offers a high level of security to maintain e signatures credibility and authenticity.